Welcome back to day 8 of my 12 Days of NYC Christmas series! We're going to take a step back from the hustle and bustle of showing you the city and instead show you around my studio. Because what's more New York than paying an absurd amount of money for a small shoebox apartment?
SHOP THE POST HERE:
Monogram Duvet / LL Bean: Gingham Sheets c/o / Pottery Barn: Monogram Pillows / Pillows: Red Cable Knit Pillow - Red Pillow Shams - White Fluffy Pillows - Ornament Pillow - Poinsettia Pillow (all similar)
SIDE TABLES // Wayfair: Side Table c/o / Ralph Lauren: Lamps / Table Books: Preppy - Flip Flop Fly Ball - The Fashion Book / Dwell Studio: Gold Elephant / Nate Berkus: Gold Elephant Catchall / Etsy: @ Sign / Essie: Nail Polish / Inter Design: Sunglass Holder / Lunares: Gold Giraffe Trinket Tray
HUNTER BOOTS: Black Gloss / Navy Original / Red Gloss / Yellow Tour Packable
FURNITURE: // Ikea: Ottomanst / Ikea: Storage Bed (similar)
WINDOWSILL // Lamp Lust: Mini Christmas Tree / Container Store: Red Polka Dot Wrapping - Plaid Wrapping - Red Glitter Wrapping / PicWrap: 2016 Eye Mask / Amazon: Tinsel
WALL ACCESSORIES // Ikea: Mirror / Amazon: String of Lights
And a little bit of hosting decor for you....
It's really really hard to decorate such a small space for the holidays so I thought I could share my 5 favorite tips of my own for you:
1. Swap Out The Pillows: This was the first thing I did this year and it really makes such a difference! Just by simply getting some new festive pillows, the place totally changed and it felt like I was officially in party mode.
2. Get a Mini Tree: You don't need a huge tree to get in the holiday spirit! This mini one was great for all I needed. What's best is it came pre-lit, pre-decorated and all put together. I just fluffed it up a little, added a bow topper and we were ready to go!
3. Festive Table Top: Maybe you don't have enough space in your apartment for real holiday decor so the next best thing is the table top and barware. It's always good to have a couple sets of everything so this is when I break out my plaid and gold sets-- they're perfect for Thanksgiving AND Christmas! Mark and Graham has the best stuff for this!
4. Wrap Presents Early: Maybe you're not an early shopper like I am, but if you are: wrap your presents early! You don't want them just lying around anyway. I wrap them to really spruce up the place: fashion and function! I'm thankful enough to have a large windowsill so they were able to be nicely displayed there. I'm thinking that'll be my new festive spot in the apartment.
5. Get Some Lights: This is probably the best thing I've bought for my place. These lights are to DIE for. They're only $17 and they're amazinggggg. You just string them along anywhere in your apartment and it's instantly more festive. I think I'm probably going to keep these up all year round they're that pretty!
SHOP THESE ITEMS HERE:
Photos: Alexandra Wolf